Ballina Local Services
Ballina ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Ballina site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Ballina Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Ballina When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Ballina Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Ballina Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Ballina ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Ballina and a Place to Meet
The ballina.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Ballina
Welcome to Ballina, a charming town located in New South Wales, Australia. Here are some fascinating facts that you may not know about this town:
- Ballina is surrounded by stunning beaches that are perfect for surfing, swimming and relaxing. Some of the most popular beaches include Lighthouse Beach, Shelly Beach, and Angel's Beach.
- The town was named after an Aboriginal word "Bullinah", which means "place of plenty". This is a fitting name for a town that is abundant in natural beauty, wildlife, and resources.
- Ballina is home to the Big Prawn, a 33-foot-high structure that was built in 1989 to promote the local prawn industry. It is one of the largest man-made prawns in the world and has become an iconic attraction in the town.
- The town has a rich maritime history. During the 1800s, Ballina was a bustling port town that exported timber, sugar cane, and dairy products. It was also an important hub for whaling and fishing.
- In 1978, Ballina became the first place in Australia to host a trial for a community currency, known as the Ballina Dollar. This currency was used by locals to support small businesses and promote the local economy.
- Ballina is home to the world's first solar-powered train. This train runs on a two-kilometer track between the town center and North Beach and is powered by a 6.5-kilowatt solar array.
- The town is a popular destination for whale watching. From May to November, humpback whales migrate along the coast and can often be seen breaching and playing in the waters around Ballina.
- Ballina is located on the traditional lands of the Bundjalung people, who have lived in the area for thousands of years. Today, the Bundjalung people continue to maintain a strong connection to their culture and country.
We hope you have enjoyed learning more about Ballina and all that it has to offer.