Ballina Visitor Information
Ballina, NSW - The Coastal Paradise
Welcome to Ballina, located in the Northern Rivers region of New South Wales, Australia. This picturesque coastal town is known for its magnificent beaches, stunning scenery, and warm hospitality. Here's a quick guide to help you make the most of your visit to Ballina.
Things to Do in Ballina
- Visit the Ballina Naval and Maritime Museum to explore the rich history and culture of the region.
- Take a stroll along the popular Ballina Boardwalk, which offers stunning views of the coastline.
- Enjoy a day out at the stunning Pat Morton Lookout and watch the majestic whales during the annual migration season.
- Explore the Lake Ainsworth, one of the most picturesque freshwater lakes in Australia, surrounded by tea trees and scenic walks.
- Take a dip in the crystal-clear waters of Seven Mile Beach or Angels Beach, rated among the best beaches in the country.
- Play a round of golf at the Ballina Golf Course, which offers spectacular views of the coastline.
Where to Eat in Ballina
Ballina offers a diverse range of culinary options, from traditional Australian fare to international cuisine. Some of the popular eateries in the town include:
- Henry's Rooftop Bar, known for its vibrant atmosphere and delicious cocktails.
- Shaws Bay Hotel, offering a range of mouth-watering dishes and weekly entertainment.
- Tamarind Restaurant, renowned for its contemporary Asian cuisine.
- The Belle Central, a cozy café with a great selection of coffee and snacks.
Where to Stay in Ballina
Ballina offers a range of accommodation options to suit all budgets and tastes, including:
- Ballina Beach Resort, located at the heart of the town and offering fantastic beach views and an array of facilities.
- Ramada Hotel and Suites, a luxurious option with spacious rooms and chic décor.
- Ballina Colonial Motel, a traditional motel with clean rooms and friendly staff.
- Ballina Byron Islander Resort and Conference Centre, offering self-contained apartments with all modern amenities.
Getting to Ballina
Ballina is easily accessible by road and air, located just 32 km south of Byron Bay. The closest airport is Ballina Byron Gateway Airport, which is serviced by several domestic airlines. Visitors can also reach Ballina by bus or car, with the Pacific Motorway providing direct access to the town.
Weather in Ballina
Ballina enjoys a mild, subtropical climate with warm temperatures throughout the year. Summer temperatures range from 20°C to 28°C, while winter temperatures range from 8°C to 20°C. Rainfall is highest between December and March, while the rest of the year is relatively dry with occasional rainfall.
Ballina is a destination that has something for everyone, from picturesque beaches to scenic walks and excellent dining options. We hope this guide will help you plan your visit to Ballina and make the most of your time in this beautiful part of Australia.